Complementing Your Massage Experience
Raising the Bar Even Higher With LDT
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) addresses body fluid systems: lymph, interstitial fluid and synovial fluid. It is the first approach to teach how to accurately attune to the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of lymph consistent with modern scientific discoveries.
The proper functioning of the lymphatic system is critical to the body's ability to drain stagnant fluids, detoxify, regenerate tissues, filter out toxins and foreign substances, and maintain a healthy immune system.
How Lymph Drainage Therapy Is Performed
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is an original hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO. The LDT process involves the use of gentle manual maneuvers to aid in the recirculation of body fluids. Therapists use their hands to perform Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the vessels to assess the overall direction of lymphatic circulation, areas of stagnation, and the best alternate pathways of draining lymph and other body fluids.
The Benefits Of Lymph Drainage Therapy
LDT can prove beneficial in the correction of numerous conditions; as well as use in preventative health maintenance.
Lymph Drainage Therapy works to help recirculate body fluids, stimulate functioning of the immune system, and balance the autonomic nervous system. It is shown that when these actions are accomplished, the results may be:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of many origins
- Relief of chronic and subacute inflammation and condition such as acne, eczema and allergies
- Immune system stimulation for preventive and therapeutic effects
- Regeneration of tissue (e.g., from burns and pre- and post- surgical scarring) and anti-aging effects
- Detoxification of the body
- Relief of chronic pain
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress, loss of vitality, and loss of memory
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as voluntary or involuntary muscle hypertonus
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
- Advanced techniques for fascia, viscera, and joints